Your Ideal Who Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=a11who;n164042]

Lard is rendered pig fat, Rie, and in fact I found eating bread and dripping as unappetising as eating bread and lard!

[/QUOTE]

That makes sense! thanks.

https://twitter.com/kallanwho

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164048]Okay, if I start quoting I'll be here all day, so I'll just chime back in with some general replies.

Rie, I'm willing to wait. I think it will take a few years, and normal won't ever be quite what we were used to up until covid, but I doubt New Orleans is going anywhere--if it's still here after Katrina, I'm convinced it can get through anything: as the sea levels rise the city will learn to float, beignets, etouffee and all. Meanwhile you're already beating the odds minute by minute, and me? Well...maybe I'm just too crazy to kill. For the time being. So, I'll see you in NOLA when the tides are right. Deal?

[/QUOTE]

I went to the UK in 2020 shortly before the first lockdown and thought it would have been my last chance to see The Who. As I have been suffering from the side effect (that may become worse by a long time flight) since my surgery, my daughter has been overprotecting me since then and won't let me travel overseas alone. She married a few years ago and has been suspending making a baby for me to take me to a Who show once again. So if it takes a few more to get back to normal, probably I can't make it, but If The Who tour The US next year, I will consider seeing The Who and some of my cyber friends in the US and do my best!

Comment

[QUOTE=a11who;n164051]

I read this as 'you're supposed to cook the beans with [B]pig farts[/B]'! I know there's an expression 'the only part of a pig you can't eat is the squeal', but cooking the beans with emissions from the other end would take some doing! :D

[/QUOTE]

There's another thing people eat here--don't know about anywhere else--called "pork rinds," which are basically crispy-fried pig skin. To me, it's like eating farts. So yeah, don't know about the squeal, but the other thing IMO has been done. In fact, there's some in the vending machine in the break room at work. Not sure they'd be any good cooked with beans--but then, don't think they're much good anyway. :)
        Last edited by suzanity; 08-06-2021, 04:37 PM.
        "Maybe there is no sublime; only the shining of the amnion's tatters." --Galway Kinnell

Comment

[QUOTE=kallan;n164055]

I went to the UK in 2020 shortly before the first lockdown and thought it would have been my last chance to see The Who. As I have been suffering from the side effect (that may become worse by a long time flight) since my surgery, my daughter has been overprotecting me since then and won't let me travel overseas alone. She married a few years ago and has been suspending making a baby for me to take me to a Who show once again. So if it takes a few more to get back to normal, probably I can't make it, but If The Who tour The US next year, I will consider seeing The Who and some of my cyber friends in the US and do my best!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the side effects, but glad your daughter is looking after you--and hope you get to hold a grandbaby sometime. Would love to meet you in person, anyway anyhow anywhere, but whether or not, just glad to know you here.
          "Maybe there is no sublime; only the shining of the amnion's tatters." --Galway Kinnell

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164106]

There's another thing people eat here--don't know about anywhere else--called "pork rinds," which are basically crispy-fried pig skin. To me, it's like eating farts. So yeah, don't know about the squeal, but the other thing IMO has been done. In fact, there's some in the vending machine in the break room at work. Not sure they'd be any good cooked with beans--but then, don't think they're much good anyway. :)[/QUOTE]

The hard, crispy pork rinds are known as 'pork scratchings' in England. I like them and for many years would share a small bag with my dog as a Friday night snack. Until I chipped a tooth on one - now they're off the menu!

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164106]

There's another thing people eat here--don't know about anywhere else--called "pork rinds," which are basically crispy-fried pig skin. To me, it's like eating farts. So yeah, don't know about the squeal, but the other thing IMO has been done. In fact, there's some in the vending machine in the break room at work. Not sure they'd be any good cooked with beans--but then, don't think they're much good anyway. :)[/QUOTE]

Opening a bag of pork rinds is worse than almost any odor I can fathom.
              One Note

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164107]

Sorry to hear about the side effects, but glad your daughter is looking after you--and hope you get to hold a grandbaby sometime. Would love to meet you in person, anyway anyhow anywhere, but whether or not, just glad to know you here.[/QUOTE]

Grandkid! Oh, you made me realise I'm really old! LOL
                Having lovely chats with other Who fans here is always appreciated. Hope our paths will cross soon. Fingers crossed!

Comment

[QUOTE=windupman;n164116]

Opening a bag of pork rinds is worse than almost any odor I can fathom.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=a11who;n164108]

The hard, crispy pork rinds are known as 'pork scratchings' in England. I like them and for many years would share a small bag with my dog as a Friday night snack. Until I chipped a tooth on one - now they're off the menu! [/QUOTE]

The ones here are more...airy. They sort of crumble in your mouth, at least the ones I tried. Not just farts--fried farts. Really don't want to know how they're made. :eek:
                  Last edited by suzanity; 08-07-2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=kallan;n164141]

Having lovely chats with other Who fans here is always appreciated. Hope our paths will cross soon. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

Nah, it's when you have great-grandkids that you're old. :)

And yeah, conversations here are always fun, even when we're talking about rotten eggs and pork rinds--on a breakfast thread! :D :D :D
                    Last edited by suzanity; 08-07-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=kallan;n164141]

Having lovely chats with other Who fans here is always appreciated. Hope our paths will cross soon. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

A grandkid, me, a '23' year old grandfather. I am. Tell your daughter do not wait, bring the baby along to the gig! Baptism by WHO.
                      One Note

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164147]

Nah, it's when you have great-grandkids that you're old. :)

And yeah, conversations here are always fun, even when we're talking about rotten eggs and pork rinds--on a breakfast thread! :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

I guess bomber is my oldest cyber friend, but I think you, Danny and Gary are also long time friends here, too. Considering this website started in 2007, it's amazing we are still here for such a long time.
                        Maybe we should organise a Zoom Who fan convention near in the future. (forgive me if I attend in my pyjamas due to the different time zones!)

Comment

[QUOTE=windupman;n164152]

A grandkid, me, a '23' year old grandfather. I am. Tell your daughter do not wait, bring the baby along to the gig! Baptism by WHO.[/QUOTE]

haha! Indeed, but unfortunately, she is also very worried about being pregnant during this Covid situation. Most of us haven't been vaccinated yet here in Japan.

Comment

[QUOTE=kallan;n164163]

haha! Indeed, but unfortunately, she is also very worried about being pregnant during this Covid situation. Most of us haven't been vaccinated yet here in Japan.[/QUOTE]

I did not know there was a vaccine shortage in your home country. Here they practically can't give them to anyone at this point. A horrible situation.
                            One Note

Comment

[QUOTE=kallan;n164162]

I guess bomber is my oldest cyber friend, but I think you, Danny and Gary are also long time friends here, too. Considering this website started in 2007, it's amazing we are still here for such a long time.
                              Maybe we should organise a Zoom Who fan convention near in the future. (forgive me if I attend in my pyjamas due to the different time zones!)[/QUOTE]

Ooohhhh, that would be so fun! No vaccinations or Airportland required!

[QUOTE=windupman;n164174]

I did not know there was a vaccine shortage in your home country. Here they practically can't give them to anyone at this point. A horrible situation.[/QUOTE]

Coming from the state that's dead last (all meanings of the word intended) in vaccination rates and maybe fourth or fifth highest in new cases, I completely agree. This is a matter of public health, not...whatever politics has turned into.

I can't blame your daughter for wanting to wait. But I hope she, and all of us, feel stronger soon. I say it may take years because I'm afraid it will, but I would really like for it all to be done with TOMORROW. Or possibly yesterday. Not just covid, but all the other shit, too. Can we just reset the entire century so far? Or maybe go back to "all that lovely hippy shit?"

Comment

[QUOTE=suzanity;n164181]

Ooohhhh, that would be so fun! No vaccinations or Airportland required!

Coming from the state that's dead last (all meanings of the word intended) in vaccination rates and maybe fourth or fifth highest in new cases, I completely agree. This is a matter of public health, not...whatever politics has turned into.

I can't blame your daughter for wanting to wait. But I hope she, and all of us, feel stronger soon. I say it may take years because I'm afraid it will, but I would really like for it all to be done with TOMORROW. Or possibly yesterday. Not just covid, but all the other shit, too. Can we just reset the entire century so far? Or maybe go back to "all that lovely hippy shit?"[/QUOTE]

I'm a holdout for the 'silly BBQ'...:cool:
                                One Note

Comment

Working...
                                X